Promote competitive and sustainable manufacturing activities in 15 african countries
An opportunity to optimize value chains
An alternative to asian and east-european countries
Which countries are the most attractive?
Which benefits, which risks?
- The economic development of Africa is vital for the future of Europe
- Competitive and sustainable manufacturing activities are key for this economic development
- Except in South-Africa, Egypt and Maghreb, most manufacturing sectors are strongly underdeveloped (car manufacturing, metal treatment, transport equipment, chemical products, textiles…)
- European enterprises can contribute significantly by integrating an “african” link into their value chain
- This is an alternative to Asian and Central European “low cost” countries.