Promote competitive and sustainable manufacturing activities in 15 african countries
An opportunity to optimize value chains
An alternative to production in Asia and Eastern Europe
Which countries are the most attractive?
Which benefits, which risks?
- The economic development of Africa is vital for the future of Europe
- Competitive and sustainable manufacturing activities are key for the african economic development
- In subsaharan Africa, most manufacturing sectors are strongly underdeveloped (car manufacturing, metal treatment, transport equipment, chemical products, textiles…)
- European enterprises can contribute significantly by developing the “co-production” concept
- This is an alternative to production in Asian and Central European “low cost” countries.